Your Special Day
The day of your wedding is special to you and Life Celebrations of Yorke will work with you to make sure that it is just right.
I will work with you on your marriage ceremony and together we will make the ceremony work the way you’ve dreamt it and the way we’ve planned it.
It can be a simple or not-so-simple ceremony, traditional or modern, or something completely different. It can be indoors or outdoors, day or night… there are many choices.
I would love to have the chance to sit with you and show you all the options for making your ceremony not only special… but unique.
Even though your wedding is a solemn occasion, it’s also a celebration of your love for each other… so together let’s make it memorable.
It’s also my job as your Celebrant to make the ceremony as stress-free as possible. To me, that’s a very important consideration not to be taken lightly.
No matter how much preparation you put into the day, it will all of a sudden be upon you and they didn’t invent the expression ‘nervous bride and groom’ for nothing.
So your Celebrant should be a calming influence on the day, guiding you and your guests through the ceremony and leaving you all to enjoy one of the most important days.
In a civil marriage ceremony, celebrants are required by law to say certain words, called the monitum or celebrant’s authority, to make the ceremony lawful and binding.
Apart from these legal words I will guide you through the ceremony we have created at the pace and style of your choice.
From here to the big day
- Usually at my home, but I am willing to meet you at yours if that is more convenient.
- You bring any documents needed ( I will have told you what documents you require).
- You complete and sign a ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’.
- Initial discussions about the ceremony.
- Deposit (non-refundable) to confirm booking
- Following this we develop your ceremony and I will visit the venue to be used so that I familiarize myself with it.
This takes place usually two weeks before the big day. At this time we finalise your ceremony plans and sign a second document. This is also the time to finalise your account with me.
I thoroughly recommend a rehearsal at least a few days before your Wedding. This will help you familiarize yourself with the procedures of your Wedding Day
Things to Consider
Legally you must submit a Notice of Intended Marriage at least 31 days prior to your wedding.
It is always best to book your celebrant as early as possible to ensure their availability.
My fee includes:
- Initial Interview and preparation of Notice of Intended Marriage.
- interviews (up to 3meetings) and unlimited telephone and email contact with you up to the date of your ceremony.
- stationery and correspondence
- preparation of a written ceremony, official documents and certificates
- provision of written resources for you to consider in planning your ceremony
- lodgment of forms with the appropriate Births, Deaths and Marriages authority
- a rehearsal
- attendance at the venue and conducting the ceremony
- travel up to 100 km each way to the venue for rehearsal and ceremony. Additional travel will incur extra costs
- a PA system
My Promise to you
To be professional and attentive at all times.
To respect your confidentiality
To abide by the Code of Conduct for Marriage Celebrants